- CARDIAC SCIENCES
- CARDIOVASCULAR & THORACIC SURGERY
- CRITICAL CARE
- GENERAL MEDICINE
- GENERAL SURGERY
- GYNAECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS
- Interventional Cardiology
- INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY
- PLASTIC SURGERY
- RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
- SURGICAL & MEDICAL ONCOLOGY
GYNAECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS
TYPES OF CONDITIONS OR DISESASES TREATED
- Delivaries-Normal/Forceps, LSCS,
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy, Ectopic Pregnancy
- High Risk Cases- PIH, IUGR, Other Medical Disorder.
- Menstrual disorders,
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding,
- Prolapse of Uterus
- Gynaecological Malignancies
- Fibroid Uterus
DIAGNOSIS ON CLINICAL METHODOLOGY AND TECHNOLOGICAL INTERVENTIONS :
The Conditions are diagnosed with clinical methods backed up with laboratory investigations and Radiological methods, Sonography, Doppler studies etc and diagnostic laparoscopy.
MEDICAL INTERVENTION :
The high risk obstetrics groups of patients are treated with medical line of treatment in ICU set ups. The cases requiring medical intervention are Pregnancy induced Hypertension, Diabetes in the pregnancy, Jaundice in pregnancy and other many medical disorders treatable.
SURGICAL INTERVENTION :
- Surgical intervention in Obstetrics is mainly Caesarian Delivery.
- Ectopic Pregnancy which is treated with either Laproscopy or with open exploratory Laparotomy.
- The spontaneous abortions sometimes required curettage.
- Medical terminations of pregnancy are also performed.
- Hysterectomy either Abdominal/ Vaginal.
- Laparotomy for ovarian Tumors/ Malignancies.
- D & C for diagnosis of endometrial conditions.
- Surgeries for Gynaecological malignancies in association with onco surgery department.
- New Techniques: Endoscopic surgeries e.g. LAVH (Laproscopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy) TLH (Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy) Laproscopic removal of ovarian masses, tubo -ovarian masses, small myomata.
In our Hospital many high risk Obstetrics & Gynaecology cases are referred With good ICU backup and team work of different specialities these cases are managed well and the outcome is very much encouraging.